YOU DON’T HAVE TO…
let anything defeat yourself. You’re stronger than you know and realize, if you just let yourself win.
I feel a strong connection with a lot of my followers, especially with those that are at a constant battle with depression. I, too, have my days where I question my sanity, and whether or not I will just let myself be happy. I know how you all feel and I don’t pretend to be “Miss Zen,” and nor do I pretend to have no problems. I know what it’s like to be at your lowest point. I know what it’s like to be in darkness. I’ve fought with depression my entire life and only really noticed that something was going on when I was fifteen. I was “diagnosed” with Major Depressive Disorder just four years ago, and was put on anti-depressants. Eventually, I took myself off the meds. Was I really going to label myself with some medical term just because some shrink said so? Did I really need pills to make me “happy” or not want to hurt myself? To each his own; but I refused to take that route. I made it a priority to find other means for coping. I wanted to let myself win.
Let go. Let yourself. Things won’t change cold turkey, but you have to want it to start. Life itself is practice. Some practices will be better than the other, and some will be easier than the next or before. Wherever you are is exactly where you should be, and that’s perfectly okay. Just remember to be gentle with yourself. You are your best teacher. You are your best motivation. You are beautiful. Let yourself be.
“I take inspiration from the most heinous of situations, creating medication out my own tribulations.” -K’naan, Take a Minute
And if you ever, ever, ever need a reason to love your body…yoga.
- Brain: Why are you going so slow?
- Lungs: I currently hate you.
- Feet: I'm gonna turn into 10 pound weights now.
- Legs muscles: I am going to start hurting in random places, kay?
- Sidewalk: I really want to trip you in one of my holes or bumps.
- People in cars: *hoooonk* Run Forrest Run!
- People walking: nice ass baby
- Me: Why do I do this to myself?
- Me at end of run: I love running so much! I would never give this up!
- Him: *sigh* God bless these yoga pants...
- Me: (-__-)...
- Him: What?
- Me: You are such a dog.