One of the best things about yoga (if not THE best), is that after each practice, you really do grow and you really do transcend into a higher self. You become enlightened by your own abilities and the miracles of your amazing body. You learn, you discover a lot about yourself, and you gain a great deal of humility. When all of this radiates from ourselves, we put peace into our lives and into the lives of those around us.
YESTERDAY JAY THINGS:
- Jay touched my back and said, “OMG. You are so sweaty!” and lifted his hand abruptly as if he touched fire. Rude. LOL…that’s what happens when you do yoga in a 105-degree room, sweetie.
- Jay surprised me with this book. So sweet of him. I was filled with so much joy and all I wanted was to give him a big hug, but I was soaked in sweat. He finally caved and allowed me to hug him :)
- Jay said, “Why are you shampooing your hair outside of the shower?” when I was putting mousse in it.
- Jay is full of himself and called himself “Grand Master Jason” of Jiu-Jitsu. Please.
Oh, my love…he’s amazing :)
Louis Wain (5 August 1860 – 4 July 1939) was a schizophrenic artist whose images of cats changed as his mental health deteriorated
1) angeldrinkstea and I live in the same city, and we have not met in person yet. We do text often, though :)
2) I have diabetes.
3) “Amor” is my middle name.
4) I was born and raised in Hawai’i.
5) I was a band geek in middle and high school- a percussionist. I also play the organ.
6) Cucumbers are disgusting to me.
7) “Bird of Paradise” is my signature pose, so I’ve heard.
8) My legs are insanely muscular and we have a love/hate relationship.
9) I like to make things, arts and crafts things…I’ll attempt to make it so I don’t have to buy it. It works most of the time.
10) I’ve got Dan Brown’s new book, “Inferno” on hold at the bookstore and I’m sooooooo excited!!! Eeeeeep!
11) I don’t know how to swim. Yes, I know, I’ve lived on an island practically my whole life and I don’t know how to swim. True story. Sad story :(
12) I love chocolate, popcorn, beans, and apples…not together, though.
14) My dreams are to be a cardiologist, astronomer, an owner of a yoga studio, and an owner of a vegan café/bistro/small restaurant.
15) Seane Corn is like my idol.
Mmmm…made this stoup/stewp (stew + soup?) last night! It’s so yummy! Garbanzo, tomato, onion, garlic, crimini mushroom, spinach! I put it on a bed of couscous :) Comfort food almost.
Tree pose for the rocks? I wish I took off my shirt for this picture…I kinda have awesome muscles sometimes, okay.
Haha :P Anywho, super fun day! Happy Mother’s Day to all of my tumblr mommies! And a Happy Mother’s Day to all your mommas :)
POSTING NUDES DOES NOT MEAN YOU LACK SELF RESPECT.
POSTING PROVOCATIVE IMAGES DOES NOT MEAN YOU LACK SELF RESPECT.
POSTING SKIN DOES NOT MEAN YOU LACK SELF RESPECT.
POSTING SEXUAL IMAGES OF YOURSELF DOES NOT MEAN YOU LACK SELF RESPECT.
YOU CAN RESPECT YOUR BODY AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT IT AND SHARE IT WITH WHOMEVER YOU WISH, AND THAT IS NOT A BAD THING.
WIN A (full 4-day Sage) TICKET TO WANDERLUST FESTIVAL!
This is my contest, everyone!! It’s called “Do Something Different” and in the video I explain how it’s going to go down, so please watch that (IN HD pleaaaase).
The nitty gritties:
It’s a photo challenge that starts THIS FRIDAY, MAY 10TH! The idea is to take your yoga practice OUTSIDE and somewhere DIFFERENT and to share your b e a utiful photos. You can do this challenge on INSTAGRAM or TUMBLR (don’t wanna exclude here). You have 20 days to take 10 photos, and if I see your 10 photos (use the tags I describe in the video!!!) then you’ll be entered in my contest pool 3 TIMES.
Another option which you can do in addition to the one above is to REBLOG THIS POST :) And I’ll enter you in 1 TIME. So hey… you have the ability to be entered 4 times, and those are some pretty good odds.
Why, what is this magical Wanderlust, you say? … the best place in the entire world. Possibly better than Disneyland (well definitely better than Disneyland for me, that place kinda freaks me out). It’s a yogi’s and music lover’s playground. Check out the website here and a video I made of my experience last summer working as a volunteer and gallavanting around the festival having the time of my life.
NOTE: I want to make sure you all know that even if you KNOW for sure you won’t be able to make it to any Wanderlust Festival, that I still would LOVE to have you doing this challenge with me. Like I say in the video, this is something I’ve been thinking about doing and extending to the blog world for a while. It’s a different kind of yoga photo challenge- something I haven’t seen before- and I want as many people taking their asana outside as possible!!
<3 <3 <3 Message me if you have questions about any of this, otherwise… SEE YOUR PHOTOS STARTING ON FRIDAY!!
Wanderluuuuuust?! Uh, YEAH.
Hi Aribaby! I’ll be more than happy to be a part of it :) You’re so amazing!