One of the best things about yoga (if not THE best), is that after each practice, you really do grow and you really do transcend into a higher self. You become enlightened by your own abilities and the miracles of your amazing body. You learn, you discover a lot about yourself, and you gain a great deal of humility. When all of this radiates from ourselves, we put peace into our lives and into the lives of those around us.
“Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.” -Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha)
“Only as high as I reach can I grow,
Only as far as I seek can I go,
Only as deep as I look can I see,
Only as much as I dream can I be.” -Karen Ravn
Always present and full of peace.
“If we are not fully ourselves, truly in the present moment, we miss everything.” -Thich Nhat Hanh
1. Don’t retire.
2. Floss every day.
3. Move around- Building muscle with resistance training is also ideal, but yoga classes can give you similar strength-training effects.
4. Eat a fiber-rich cereal for breakfast.
5. Get at least six hours of shut-eye.
6. Consume whole foods, not supplements.
7. Be less neurotic- Find better ways to manage when you’re stressed: Yoga, exercise, meditation, tai chi, or just deep breathing for a few moments are all good.
8. Live like a Seventh Day Adventist- Cherish the body. Be focused on family and community.
9. Be a creature of habit.
10. Stay connected.
11. Be Conscientious.