One of the best things about yoga (if not THE best), is that after each practice, you really do grow and you really do transcend into a higher self. You become enlightened by your own abilities and the miracles of your amazing body. You learn, you discover a lot about yourself, and you gain a great deal of humility. When all of this radiates from ourselves, we put peace into our lives and into the lives of those around us.
I’ve been on the go, go, go all week. I’ve been stressed. I’ve had problems with the beau…GAH!
But anywho, we have a little table set up at the studio with a bunch of odds and ends, and a sign that says, “Take something, leave some change.” All monies collected will support a local charity. So I got this headband, and right before practice #9483839412 today, I took the time to just meet myself and love life. Things may have been like shit lately, and so I needed a reminder to just appreciate life; because even when the waves come crashing, a calm will always follow, and there’s still life!
Life is such a gift and sometimes, we need to pause for a bit and take a moment to love it, wherever we are in it. Take a moment, love life. Trust life. The universe is willing to share its energy with you if you are willing to be receptive and open! And if you feel like life is too intense at times and you’re always on the go, go, go, share your energy…maybe let go of some of that intensity and we, the universe, will gladly inhale that light for all to share.
“May the long time sun shine upon you, all love surround you, and the pure light within you guide your way on.”
“Your mind is steeped in the habits of evaluation and acquisition, and will not admit that the incomparable and unobtainable are waiting timelessly within your own heart for recognition. All you have to do is to abandon all memories and expectations. Just keep yourself ready in utter nakedness and nothingness.”
— Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
I am always home when I am on my mat.
TOO LAZY TO WASH MY HAIR
1) …so I’m wearing a hat.
2) Did an extensive review on the Vayus, Nadis, Bandhas, and Chakras this past weekend.
3) This is my 958th post.
4) Lemmon pepper tempeh…ugh, so good with some plain old brown rice.
5) Modification of a pose is NEVER a sign of weakness; it means you are listening to your body and you are not letting the ego take charge.
6) “Keep being amazing.” -Jay texting me out of nowhere <3
7) Keep being amazing.
8) Pretty Little Liars is my guilty pleasure.
9) Do I have any followers who are PLL fans?! Holla!
10) People around me: “It’s Valentine’s Day this week, what are YOU gonna do?” Like nothing…I don’t care for it, neither does Jay.
11) My parents made me some vegetable and TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein) eggrolls a couple days ago. They were so. damn. good.
12) Do you hyperextend in your postures? A bend is a beautiful thing and it will SAVE you.
13) I’ve been talking about food I HAD, but I need breakfast now…actually, I have some overnight oats waiting for me- half regular/half dark chocolate almond milk, coconut, and almonds. Pretty much dessert and I am so okay with that.
14) “Fly me to the moon and let play among the stars…”
15) Keep being amazing.
16) What are you grateful for today?
Namaste, radiant souls :)
Our studio is expanding and right now, the walls are covered with inspiring words! Some of my favorites are:
“Have you had your happy Camel today?”
“Love yourself as much as you love others.”
“Never let your fear decide your fate.”
“Yoga keeps you young.”
“Never let anyone steal your peace.”
Ahhhhh…so much love here :’)
Good morning, Universe! Today (and every day), breathe consciously, bring awareness and listen to your body, and be your yoga. You are in one with everything! Namaste, radiant souls :)
People say it gets easier every day; that’s a lie. There will be days that are better and days that are harder because life is balance…and I guess, it makes finding inner strength even more glorious because you just never know when and where you will find it.