One of the best things about yoga (if not THE best), is that after each practice, you really do grow and you really do transcend into a higher self. You become enlightened by your own abilities and the miracles of your amazing body. You learn, you discover a lot about yourself, and you gain a great deal of humility. When all of this radiates from ourselves, we put peace into our lives and into the lives of those around us.
A headstand a day keeps the doctor away.
READY TO KNOCK OUT
1) …but I miss y’all, and I thought I’d share what’s on my mind.
2) Holy guacamole. That quinoa was just too good. I am stuffed.
3) Bunch of back bends in class tonight, mmmm…
4) The animal shelter here is throwing an event called “Howlloween” ^__^
5) Went to my dermatologist today. She thinks I have a vitamin C deficiency, and so she wrote me up a lab order to get my levels tested. WHO has a deficiency in vitamin C?! :/
6) My beau and I are such psychology dorks.
7) I’m stuffed, but I want dessert. I’m thinking…peanut butter toast topped with honey, coconut, and cinnamon. Yeah?!
8) Meet yourself where you are.
9) Can you believe the year is almost over? Where has 2012 gone?
10) My dermatologist asked me about my diet and I said, “I’m a vegan…” to which she responded, “What about seafood? Do you eat seafood”” (/)_-)
11) I don’t believe in drugs used to “treat” mental disorders.
12) Getting sleepy…don’t think I’ll have dessert anymore.
13) I rarely drink anything but water; but today, I had passion fruit and mango iced tea, and an aloe and coconut drink.
14) No rush, take your time on your journey. You are exactly where you need to be :)
Press with thumb for 5 seconds and release for 3 seconds, in the affected point. Repeat for 2-3 minutes for 5-10 days. You will get relief.
I am not sure how true or effective this is, but hey…doesn’t hurt to try :) Plus, it’s a pretty cool picture.
“Yoga is really trying to liberate us from shame about our bodies. To love your body is a very important thing. The health of your mind depends on your being able to love your body.” -Rodney Yee
Bought some books before another long night at the hospital :D
The Medical Detectives- Finally got a copy of it, after reading the entire thing just by sitting in front of the shelves for a few weeks. That’s not cheating, right? I DID buy it :P
Macaroons- It was a bargain book and I’ve always wanted to make them! They’re so pretty and cute!
The Male Brain- Okay, so what’s there to learn about the male brain, right? “Chapter One- Sex. The End.” Haha…The Female Brain was quite an entertaining one, too. Good read.
Yoga Philosophy for Everyone- Yoga reads are always great. Afterall, your practice isn’t just on the mat.
Bookworm mode, GO!