One of the best things about yoga (if not THE best), is that after each practice, you really do grow and you really do transcend into a higher self. You become enlightened by your own abilities and the miracles of your amazing body. You learn, you discover a lot about yourself, and you gain a great deal of humility. When all of this radiates from ourselves, we put peace into our lives and into the lives of those around us.
Found this on Facebook! I guess somebody loved my quote so much, that they took a picture of it :) I wrote this on our studio wall before the expansion.
Om hari om!
“Your mind is steeped in the habits of evaluation and acquisition, and will not admit that the incomparable and unobtainable are waiting timelessly within your own heart for recognition. All you have to do is to abandon all memories and expectations. Just keep yourself ready in utter nakedness and nothingness.”
— Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
Our studio is expanding and right now, the walls are covered with inspiring words! Some of my favorites are:
“Have you had your happy Camel today?”
“Love yourself as much as you love others.”
“Never let your fear decide your fate.”
“Yoga keeps you young.”
“Never let anyone steal your peace.”
Ahhhhh…so much love here :’)
KILLING TIME BEFORE PRACTICE
1. HOLY CHEEZBALLZ! I don’t know how I’ve gained like thirty followers in the course of two, three days? Namasteeee!!!
2. Being greeted by my furry friends at the door is one of the best feelings in the world :)
3. The beau and I make two years tomorrow, 10/5 :) <3 Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO VIVIAN (vivialive) AND KEVIN! ^__^
4. I had a damn good dinner last night- fresh homemade guacamole, and a bowl of sauteed mushrooms with brown rice. Mmmm, mmm!
5. Practicing compassion while driving can be very difficult for me at times, and I totally acknowledge that about me. I admit, I have road rage and I’m working on it….*sigh* Ujjayi… (>__<)
6. Is the word “ratchet” some new in-thing to say? The way I’ve been hearing it used has absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual meaning! Explain this to me.
7. Om Nama Shivaya…
8. “You’re a human being! You have gifts and talents, and you should use them!” -Overheard from a co-worker
9. Lana Del Rey.
10. That magical, fairy dust-covered forest in “Snow White and the Huntsman,” I want to live there.
11. Just ate some soup that was a concoction of pumpkin squash, onions, these green leafy things, and eggplant.
12. Trust yourself. Trust your practice.
13. We breathe every second of our life, why not breathe strongly?
14. I want more Shining Shakti yoga pants.
15. Ari (arilumiere) takes the words right out of my mouth sometimes. That girl.
16. There is a story behind every person. There is always a reason behind a person’s attitude and actions.
17. I am going to have a Siberian Husky one day. I promise. His name will be Sparta. I will introduce him to people like, “THIS! IS! SPARTAAAA!” I promise.
18. “We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.” -Pierre Teilhard de Chardin