One of the best things about yoga (if not THE best), is that after each practice, you really do grow and you really do transcend into a higher self. You become enlightened by your own abilities and the miracles of your amazing body. You learn, you discover a lot about yourself, and you gain a great deal of humility. When all of this radiates from ourselves, we put peace into our lives and into the lives of those around us.
Something I gave my beau today, just because :) He loved it and thought it was so unbelievably cute and sweet. He laughed, he smiled, and couldn’t stop giving me kisses :D
RECENT THINGS THAT HAVE MADE ME SMILE:
- My furry, furry pets
- Finding a Chinese fortune teller in the work lounge
- Playing with the Chinese fortune teller and having it reveal to me that I have a secret admirer…scandalous!
- All of you who continue to follow me, despite my MIA moments
- My bed
- The handsome, handsome love of my life
- Peanut frackin’ butta
- Realizing what a really pretty middle name I have
- My hanumanasana
- Seeing my skin retaining more moisture…yeah, fuck you, Eczema!
- My cousin presenting a speech on Objectum-Sexuality
- Knowing I can have yummy, yummy vegan pho at my favorite pho restaurant
- Obama’s victory speech
- Making out
- Thanksgiving and having a 4-day weekend!!!
- Yoga discoveries in the self and others :)
Namaste! Good night!
READY TO KNOCK OUT
1) …but I miss y’all, and I thought I’d share what’s on my mind.
2) Holy guacamole. That quinoa was just too good. I am stuffed.
3) Bunch of back bends in class tonight, mmmm…
4) The animal shelter here is throwing an event called “Howlloween” ^__^
5) Went to my dermatologist today. She thinks I have a vitamin C deficiency, and so she wrote me up a lab order to get my levels tested. WHO has a deficiency in vitamin C?! :/
6) My beau and I are such psychology dorks.
7) I’m stuffed, but I want dessert. I’m thinking…peanut butter toast topped with honey, coconut, and cinnamon. Yeah?!
8) Meet yourself where you are.
9) Can you believe the year is almost over? Where has 2012 gone?
10) My dermatologist asked me about my diet and I said, “I’m a vegan…” to which she responded, “What about seafood? Do you eat seafood”” (/)_-)
11) I don’t believe in drugs used to “treat” mental disorders.
12) Getting sleepy…don’t think I’ll have dessert anymore.
13) I rarely drink anything but water; but today, I had passion fruit and mango iced tea, and an aloe and coconut drink.
14) No rush, take your time on your journey. You are exactly where you need to be :)
I was offered to teach at a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu school. Yoga is so, so, so good for jiu-jitsu’ers and MMA fighters. Yoga is good for their mobility, their flexibility, their mentality, their BREATHING. BJJ focuses on ground work; what better way to find connection to the earth than yoga? Yoga is just good for everyone, dagnabit.
It’s going to be challenging, trying to get these guys to let go of the ego and to let go of the idea of yoga being some prissy thang (Say whaaaa?! Lemme introduce you to my friend, Vinyasa). It’s a good thing I’ve already got some jiu-jitsu dudes doing yoga who BELIEVE in yoga, who believe in the great benefits that yoga has on their jiu-jitsu practice. It’s beautiful.
Did I mention that it’s the same BJJ school that my man goes to? Haha, um…I hope he will be okay with me touching and adjusting his jitsu-bros, and okay with me spreading and opening different parts of my body…LOL (>__<)
I’m still thinking about it, but I’m definitely not knocking it. Yoga for Jiu-Jitsu’ers and MMA fighters! Yoga for everyone! :)
Yoga makes the world go round.
KILLING TIME BEFORE PRACTICE
1. HOLY CHEEZBALLZ! I don’t know how I’ve gained like thirty followers in the course of two, three days? Namasteeee!!!
2. Being greeted by my furry friends at the door is one of the best feelings in the world :)
3. The beau and I make two years tomorrow, 10/5 :) <3 Oh, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO VIVIAN (vivialive) AND KEVIN! ^__^
4. I had a damn good dinner last night- fresh homemade guacamole, and a bowl of sauteed mushrooms with brown rice. Mmmm, mmm!
5. Practicing compassion while driving can be very difficult for me at times, and I totally acknowledge that about me. I admit, I have road rage and I’m working on it….*sigh* Ujjayi… (>__<)
6. Is the word “ratchet” some new in-thing to say? The way I’ve been hearing it used has absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual meaning! Explain this to me.
7. Om Nama Shivaya…
8. “You’re a human being! You have gifts and talents, and you should use them!” -Overheard from a co-worker
9. Lana Del Rey.
10. That magical, fairy dust-covered forest in “Snow White and the Huntsman,” I want to live there.
11. Just ate some soup that was a concoction of pumpkin squash, onions, these green leafy things, and eggplant.
12. Trust yourself. Trust your practice.
13. We breathe every second of our life, why not breathe strongly?
14. I want more Shining Shakti yoga pants.
15. Ari (arilumiere) takes the words right out of my mouth sometimes. That girl.
16. There is a story behind every person. There is always a reason behind a person’s attitude and actions.
17. I am going to have a Siberian Husky one day. I promise. His name will be Sparta. I will introduce him to people like, “THIS! IS! SPARTAAAA!” I promise.
18. “We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.” -Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
YESTERDAY, SEPTEMBER 5th
The finished piece! My beau absolutely loved it! He was so impressed when I told him it took me a week to complete, because he thought I had bought it from somewhere :) This Japanese symbol called Enso, holds a lot of meaning to him, and I’m so, so, so happy that he loves it :D
Happy birthday, baby! Ask me what’s my best side, I stand back and point at you (;
CUE ROCKY MUSIC
It’s raining quite a bit right now (perfect scene) and the beau and I are driving out of town into the wild- an abundance of pure mountains, rocks, trees, grass, and the vast ocean; a chance of bears. We brought our mitts with us, and there will be yoga involved; but I’ve been training for life here, and my jab and cross are at the motherfreaking ready, so you can cue the music. right. about. now. son!
Happy Labor Day weekend, my yogis!
The light within me, acknowledges the light within you all, namaste :)
This day was blessed with an abundance of delicious and good-for-you foods; and short, but rejuvenating naps! Oh, and some alternate-nostril breathing followed by some meditation.
For breakfast, I had shredded wheat and bran cereal with vanilla almond milk, and FRESH-picked blackberries and raspberries. They were so sweet with just a hint of tartness. I also had some griddled red potato hash browns, skins included.
For lunch, I went to one of my favorite places with some girlfriends. I had a “Beet Burger” which wasn’t really a burger, but it was tasty. It consisted of balsamic roasted beets and portobello mushrooms on a bed of spinach, vegan cheese, and onion marmalade.
For dinner, I had a wheat pita bread sandwich- avocado spread with Dijon mustard; and filled with spinach, griddled tofu, red onions, Roma tomatoes, honey-roasted almonds, and jalapeño almond cheese. I also had a glass of carrot, orange, and apple juice to wash it all down.
I snacked on a huge vegan cookie throughout the entire day- peanut butter and chocolate chip goodness.
Last night, I practiced drawing my Enso. I’m gonna be working on a painting for my beau’s birthday. I know, the Enso is supposed to be a single brush stroke, but I’m not that legit, so it will consist of a hundred or so strokes…haha :P The art session also involved some hot dark chocolate almond milk, mmmmm…
The weekend was busy and I was able to get my man to watch Wanderlust. Omg, too funny. Please watch it if you haven’t.
I hope everyone had a pleasant weekend :)