One of the best things about yoga (if not THE best), is that after each practice, you really do grow and you really do transcend into a higher self. You become enlightened by your own abilities and the miracles of your amazing body. You learn, you discover a lot about yourself, and you gain a great deal of humility. When all of this radiates from ourselves, we put peace into our lives and into the lives of those around us.
When “Aunt Flow” comes into town for her monthly visit, make super hearty food and eat it while watching “Into the Wild” D;
Kale chips…brown and white basmati and wild rice cooked with roasted tomato and garlic…”hamburger” and mushroom gravy with spinach…and washing it down with iced lime tea.
I plan not to move tonight, as I will have a food baby keeping me down on my floor.
I think it’s summer? It’s sunny and KIND of warm…and so, gallavanting in the Wild, a plain ol’ pineapple-mango-coconut water breakfast smoothie, and vegetable curry for lunch :) Also, booty dancing to “Yoga Girl” mid Vinsaya Flow…FTW.
Mmmm…made this stoup/stewp (stew + soup?) last night! It’s so yummy! Garbanzo, tomato, onion, garlic, crimini mushroom, spinach! I put it on a bed of couscous :) Comfort food almost.
- The moon was so hauntingly beautiful last night, so I had a glowing lunar-inspired practice this morning :)
- Met up with some yogi sisters for brunch! Tofu scramble and fried potatoes for me! Mmmmm, so good!
- Went to the bead shop to look for beads for my mala :) These stones (Lepidolite, Amalite, Calcite) resonated with me the most and when I looked up the meanings, they were so perfect! So me!
- Acro Yoga in a bit and I’m sooo excited! It’s going to be so fly. Ya see what I did there?
I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend :)
Namaste, radiant ones!
MELTING IN A BATH…
1) …a yummy bath of Dead Sea salts, lavender oil, and melaleuca oil. Mmmmm, yes.
2) Yesterday, Chakra workshop and yoga. Ahhhhh, yoga nidra (yogi sleep) throughout the entire two hours. Amazing.
3) I’ve been kinda MIA, guys, and I have been kinda lacking in wholesome posts! I hope you all know I think of my tumblr sangha (community, family) always :) I really do!
4) Life is amazing at the moment, with good and not-so-good things happening; I am trying to embrace all of it.
5) I’m going back home to Hawai’i in August for my cousins’s wedding! I’m the maid of honor and I’m so excited!
6) We are so much stronger than we tell ourselves.
7) My homegirl kicked my asana in her class tonight and I’m grateful…soooo much upper body work! Wooo!
8) Can’t wait to eat after this bath.
9) I am hooked on NBC’s new series, “Hannibal.”
10) Yoga retreat, Seane Corn’s “Off the Mat” training, Wanderlust next year, training for kids with special needs…so many wants, but not so much money :/
11) You all need to see the bindis I’m making for my fellow teachers!
12) Kindness is never a small gesture, especially when it is towards ourselves :)
14) Always integrity in each asana, in each breath.
Namaste and good night :)
Veganism is not a diet, it is a lifestyle.
It’s 10:30 in the evening and I want to show you the party that was in my tummy- homemade ravioli (mushrooms and “ricotta” made with tofu) sizzled with spinach, garlic powder, pepper, parsley, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice; homemade sorbet with melted peanut butter for dessert!
A glorious vegan breakfast! Some kind of hash made of carrots, beets, and green onions, with huge chunks of browned potatoes and curry-seasoned tofu cubes, all of that with some kind of tomato-chili sauce and topped with vegan sour cream! :9
Happy weekend, radiant ones! May yours be filled with so much sunlight and bliss :)