One of the best things about yoga (if not THE best), is that after each practice, you really do grow and you really do transcend into a higher self. You become enlightened by your own abilities and the miracles of your amazing body. You learn, you discover a lot about yourself, and you gain a great deal of humility. When all of this radiates from ourselves, we put peace into our lives and into the lives of those around us.
Found this on Facebook! I guess somebody loved my quote so much, that they took a picture of it :) I wrote this on our studio wall before the expansion.
Om hari om!
After-acro backbends! Showing how to Scorpion with a block and wall, and how to assist :)
- The moon was so hauntingly beautiful last night, so I had a glowing lunar-inspired practice this morning :)
- Met up with some yogi sisters for brunch! Tofu scramble and fried potatoes for me! Mmmmm, so good!
- Went to the bead shop to look for beads for my mala :) These stones (Lepidolite, Amalite, Calcite) resonated with me the most and when I looked up the meanings, they were so perfect! So me!
- Acro Yoga in a bit and I’m sooo excited! It’s going to be so fly. Ya see what I did there?
I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend :)
Namaste, radiant ones!
MELTING IN A BATH…
1) …a yummy bath of Dead Sea salts, lavender oil, and melaleuca oil. Mmmmm, yes.
2) Yesterday, Chakra workshop and yoga. Ahhhhh, yoga nidra (yogi sleep) throughout the entire two hours. Amazing.
3) I’ve been kinda MIA, guys, and I have been kinda lacking in wholesome posts! I hope you all know I think of my tumblr sangha (community, family) always :) I really do!
4) Life is amazing at the moment, with good and not-so-good things happening; I am trying to embrace all of it.
5) I’m going back home to Hawai’i in August for my cousins’s wedding! I’m the maid of honor and I’m so excited!
6) We are so much stronger than we tell ourselves.
7) My homegirl kicked my asana in her class tonight and I’m grateful…soooo much upper body work! Wooo!
8) Can’t wait to eat after this bath.
9) I am hooked on NBC’s new series, “Hannibal.”
10) Yoga retreat, Seane Corn’s “Off the Mat” training, Wanderlust next year, training for kids with special needs…so many wants, but not so much money :/
11) You all need to see the bindis I’m making for my fellow teachers!
12) Kindness is never a small gesture, especially when it is towards ourselves :)
14) Always integrity in each asana, in each breath.
Namaste and good night :)
I’ve been on the go, go, go all week. I’ve been stressed. I’ve had problems with the beau…GAH!
But anywho, we have a little table set up at the studio with a bunch of odds and ends, and a sign that says, “Take something, leave some change.” All monies collected will support a local charity. So I got this headband, and right before practice #9483839412 today, I took the time to just meet myself and love life. Things may have been like shit lately, and so I needed a reminder to just appreciate life; because even when the waves come crashing, a calm will always follow, and there’s still life!
Life is such a gift and sometimes, we need to pause for a bit and take a moment to love it, wherever we are in it. Take a moment, love life. Trust life. The universe is willing to share its energy with you if you are willing to be receptive and open! And if you feel like life is too intense at times and you’re always on the go, go, go, share your energy…maybe let go of some of that intensity and we, the universe, will gladly inhale that light for all to share.
“May the long time sun shine upon you, all love surround you, and the pure light within you guide your way on.”